The Peace Crane Project is designed to raise awareness of the United Nations International Day of Peace and promote the concept of peace within and among our schools, homes, communities, states, and nations. Everyone around the world; students, community groups, families, and individuals are invited to participate.
1. Find a piece of paper. Any type of paper can work. Papers of lighter weight will fold more easily.
2. Cut it into a perfect square.
3. Create words of peace on one side of the paper. Young children may be invited to simply list words of peace, practicing spelling and good penmanship. Older children and adults may want to write a poem or story.
4. Draw or paint an image of peace on the other side of your paper square. Markers or ink will work best, allowing the paper to be folded without smudging or cracking.
5. Fold your paper into an origami crane. Follow our folding instructions here, or visit wikihow for more a more detailed how-to guide.
6. Find a home for your Peace Crane within your community, or let us help you find another group wanting to exchange cranes. Our goal is to place and exchange cranes on every continent and in every nation, in every school, home, community center, and place of business.
Please let us know you are participating!